Banana Sakkara Pongal is a lovely twist to the regular sweet Pongal that is commonly prepared in South India on auspicious occasions. Adding bananas elevates the taste of the sweet Pongal up by several notches, and is a great way to get the goodness of the fruits in. This little touch makes the regular Sakkara Pongal more exotic, makes it just perfect to serve guests on parties and other festive occasions.
- 1 cup Raw rice
- 2 Banana
- 1 1/2 cup Sunehra Jaggery Powder
- 2 cup Milk
- 2 Cardamon
- 1/4 cup Ghee
- 1 tsp Cashew nuts and raisin
- Soak rice and boil with milk
- In pan add Sunehra Jaggery Powder and make syrup.
- Add syrup into boiled rice and cook in low flame.
- In pan add ghee and banana and sauté well and add it to the Pongal.
- Now add Roasted cashew nuts and raisin and cardamon add into Pongal.
- Now it’s ready to serve. Yummy Banana Sakkara Pongal is ready.
This recipe can be made in a matter of minutes, loved by all! Give it a try folks!
To try out, follow the link below: