Don’t like cake? Who are you people!
Cause it's unhealthy? Grate some carrots in!
This carrot cake with the rich creamy frosting on the top, will set the standards for your taste buds. The creamy cheese frosting makes each forkful taste super soft and extra delicious. How? Because Premium Icing Sugar by Trust did its sweet magic!
Ginger adds a splendid zing, while the other mouth-watering flavours come from cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and obviously, carrots. The natural molasses present in Sunehra Mineral Brown Sugar by Trust seeps into the cake layers and intensifies the moisture, creating an even more tender bite. The goodness of calcium, iron, potassium and more nutrients, is just a candied add on!
This carrot cake is pretty easy, but let’s know the ingredients first.
- For carrot cake:
-260g (2 cups) 4 large carrots
-312g (2.5 cups) all-purpose flour
-300g (1.5 cups) Sunehra Mineral Brown Sugar by Trust
-100g (0.5g) Superfine Sugar by Trust
-133g (0.75 cup) smooth unsweetened applesauce
-4 large eggs
-130g (1 cup) chopped pecans
-240ml (1 cup) vegetable oil
-1tsp vanilla extract
-2tsp baking powder
-1tsp baking soda
-1.5tsp ground cinnamon
-1tsp ground ginger
-0.25tsp ground nutmeg
-0.25tsp ground cloves
- For cream cheese frosting:
-115g (0.5cup) softened unsalted butter
-450g full-fat block cream cheese
-1.5tsp pure vanilla extract
-480g (4 cups) Premium Icing Sugar by Trust
-pinch of salt
Let's bake it!
- Preheat your oven to 149°C (300°F) and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread the cup of chopped pecans on the sheet and roast for about 7-8 minutes. Allow them to cool for 10-15 minutes outside the oven. Turn up the temperature to 177°C (350°F) in the oven. Prepare two cake pans by greasing and lining them with parchment papers.
- Take a large bowl and whisk eggs, oil, brown sugar, superfine sugar, applesauce, and vanilla extract together until combined and no lumps remain. Take another large bowl and mix the flour, cinnamon, salt, cloves, ground ginger, baking powder, baking soda, and nutmeg together. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ones and stir them together until just combined. Add the carrots and a cup of toasted pecans.
- Pour the batter into the cake pans and bake for about 30-35 minutes, till it's completely done. Prick in a toothpick at the center, to test if the cake is baked properly. Do not over-bake. Cool the cakes completely before frosting.
- For the frosting, take a large bowl and blend the cream cheese and butter together for about 2 minutes, until smooth. Add the icing sugar, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt and beat for another 3 minutes until perfectly combined. Add more icing sugar if frosting is too thin, more milk if frosting is too thick. Premium Icing Sugar by Trust blends in like magic and enhances the creamy texture of your frosting.
- Time for assembling everything! Level off the tops of the cake bases to create a flat surface. Place 1 cake layer on your serving plate and cover the top evenly with frosting. Add the 2nd layer and more creamy frosting. Garnish the cake with toasted pecans, baby carrots, etc. Refrigerate your cake for a minimum of 15-20 minutes before slicing.
You can store your cake for up to 5 days in the refrigerator. Sunehra Mineral Brown Sugar by Trust will keep it moist and soft, just like fresh!