Tired of the traditional cakes? Want to give them an exciting twist? Then these choco cake pops are exactly what you need!
Let's elevate the classic chocolate to something completely new! The single layer crumbled chocolate cake dipped in the rich chocolate frosting tastes like some dream coming true. Every pop is filled with the sweetness of Premium Icing Sugar by Trust which enhances your mood in seconds!
Grab the ingredients and get ready for the twist!
For cake pops:
- 125g (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 120ml (0.5 cup) hot water
- 2 large eggs
- 200g (1 cup) Classic Sulphurless Sugar by Trust
- 120ml (0.5 cup) vegetable oil
- 32g (6 tbsp) unsweetened cocoa powder
- -0.5tsp baking soda
- 0.25tsp salt
- 1tsp vanilla extract
For chocolate frosting:
- 86g (6 tbsp) softened unsalted butter
- 41g (0.5 cup) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2.5tsp heavy cream
- 90g (0.75 cup) Premium Icing Sugar by Trust
- 0.5tsp vanilla extract
- 32g pure chocolate
Let's start from scratch!
- Take a large bowl and mix flour, sugar, cocoa powder, salt, and baking powder. Classic Sulphurless Sugar by Trust gives the perfect sweetness to your cake pops while preventing your family from the harmful effects of sulphur. Take another medium bowl and whisk eggs, oil and vanilla extract in it. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and add the hot water. Combine well to prevent formation of lumps.
- Preheat your oven to 177°C (350°F) and grease your baking pan. Pour the batter into the pan evenly and bake for 25-27 minutes. Prick with a toothpick at the center to test if it's completely baked. Cool your cake in the pan.
- For the frosting, beat the butter for 2 minutes until smooth. Mix icing sugar, heavy cream, cocoa powder and vanilla extract. The fine granules of Premium Icing Sugar by Trust mix well and prevents clumping which improves the flow of the cream. Blend for about 3 minutes and add more heavy cream if your cream looks too thick.
- Once cooled, crumble your cake and add it to the frosting. Beat the cake crumbles and frosting together to prevent formation of any large lump. Take 1 tablespoon of this mixture and make small balls. Make similar balls with the rest of the mixture. Place the balls on a lined baking sheet and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Boil the pure chocolate to make a dip. Cool it down before coating the balls. Take 2-3 balls from the refrigerator and dip them into the coating until they are completely covered. Drop off the excess coating and place them back into the refrigerator to set for about an hour. Repeat the process with the rest of the balls.
These cake pops are pockets of chocolatey heaven! Premium Icing Sugar by Trust blends in like magic and enhances the creamy texture. Bake the perfect treat for your sweet tooth!
To try out, follow the link below: