Buckeyes are similar to peanut butter balls, which are completely covered in chocolate, this candy is particularly popular in Ohio and neighboring states. Perfect for your healthy cravings, protein filled and very chocolaty. Buckeyes are extreamly easy to make and get ready in minutes! Surely a treat you should have. Paired with the sweetness of premiun icing sugar brought to you by trust foods, the sweetness just melts in the peanut butter. Give it a try!
- 5-1/2 cups Trust Premium Icing Sugar
- 1-2/3 cups peanut butter
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, peanut butter and butter until smooth.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; set aside.
- Microwave chocolate chips and shortening on high until melted; stir until smooth.
- Dip balls in chocolate, allowing excess to drip off.
- Place on a wire rack over waxed paper; refrigerate for 15 minutes or until firm.
- Cover and store in the refrigerator.
Leave a bit of chocolate-free space on each piece for an authentic buckeye look!
Perfect for dessert after dinner, this recipe will make your loved ones smile 😉
To shop our Icing sugar, click below: