Place this heavenly slice and enjoy the sweetness. A butter cake is a cake in which one of the main ingredients is butter. Butter cake is baked with basic ingredients and is considered one of the quintessential cakes in American baking. Substitute your normal sugar with Trust G-Low sugar and switch to a healthier lifestyle for a healthier you! With a Glycaemic Index (GI) rating 30 percent lower than other sugars, G- Low is ideal for the health-conscious among us. Satisfy your sweet tooth while being healthy!
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-3/4 cups Trust G-low-sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 large eggs, beaten, room temperature
- 2 cups Trust Icing Sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, combine flour, Trust G-low-sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together melted butter, egg and vanilla; add to flour mixture and stir to combine.
- Press onto bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- For topping, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and eggs until smooth.
- Add confectioners' sugar and stir to combine.
- Pour over crust. Bake until centre is almost set and edges start to brown, 40-45 minutes.
- Cool 1 hour on a wire rack. Sprinkle with additional Trust Icing Sugar if desired.
Ready within an hour and makes 16 servings, we know you’ll destroy this cake!
To shop our range of products, click below: