Warm, delectable, and aromatic - apple pockets are the perfect treat to serve your loved ones after a long day. Carrying the richness of apples and aroma of trust G- Low Sugar, this dessert will make you swoon hard. G- Low sugar is an effort by trust foods to consume sugar in the healthiest way possible. Made with 100% sugarcane extracts, G- Low helps you maintain a healthier lifestyle while still satisfying your sweet tooth; after all, they don't have to be rivals. Check it out!
- 2 apples peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1 tbsp Trust G Low Sugar + more for sprinkling
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Juice of ½ lemon optional
- ⅓ cup water or apple juice
- 1 tbsp corn-starch
- ⅓ tsp vanilla extract optional
- 1 sheet puff pastry thawed and rolled out
- Egg wash
- 2-3 tbsp soy cream or milk or another dairy-free cream or (condensed) milk
- pinch of turmeric optional for yellow golden colour
- Peel and core the apples and chop them into small chunks. Place in a bowl and combine with sugar, cinnamon, and a bit of lemon juice.
- In a saucepan, stir together water, corn starch, and vanilla extract. Bring to the boil, stirring continuously, then stir in the apples until everything's well combined. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C) and line a large baking sheet with parchment.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the puff pastry out to a 15.5“x9.5“(42x24 cm) rectangle or 12“square. Then cut into 8 rectangles and place onto prepared pan.
- Spoon 1-2 tbsp of the apple filling onto half of each square and fold over. Crimp the edges together with a fork.
- Using a sharp knife, cut 3-4 slits into the tops of each pie to allow the steam to escape. Sprinkle with sugar as desired for a beautiful shiny golden colour.
- Bake until the pastry has puffed and turned golden brown, about 10-15 minutes.
Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and enjoy!
To know about our products and learn more recipes, click below: