This dessert is quick to make with pistachio nuts and raspberries. A "simple to make" dessert with a strong wow factor. It’s spectacular and tastes incredible. If you’re a custard fan you will love this. It’s made with full cream milk, so no cream is required, but it will taste very creamy. This is perfect for an after dinner dessert or to serve your guests after a party. We are sure, they will devour each jar of this yummy custard. To achieve the sweetness of raw cane sugar, choose the sugariness of G-low sugar.
- 8 egg yolks
- 2 cups full cream milk
- 2 tbsp corn starch (corn flour)
- 7 tbsp Trust G low Sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla bean extract (or use fresh bean)
- 24 raspberries
- ½ cup pistachio nuts
- In a mixing bowl, add Trust G low Sugar and corn starch (corn flour) and mix well.
- Separate the eggs and add the yolks only. Add the vanilla extract and mix until smooth.
- Add the milk to a saucepan and place on medium heat until it almost reaches boiling point.
- Once the milk has boiled, pour one third of the mixture into the egg mixture as you whisk vigorously. Once combined, whisk in the remaining milk. Strain the mixture in case of cooked egg bits and return to the same saucepan. Place on low to medium heat and continue whisking vigorously until it starts to thicken. Turn off heat and continue whisking for another 30 seconds. Pour directly into serving dishes. Leave to cool until set.
- Garnish with fresh raspberries and crushed pistachio nuts. Refrigerate.
Best served cold and easy to store. According to us the taste is deeper and richer the next morning, so save a bite!
To buy G-Low, click below: