Are you a pink lover? Or you are planning to bake a cake for your daughter's birthday but can't find the perfect one. Worry no more cause we have got you covered. Look no further, as strawberry is your answer!
A soft strawberry cake with some creamy frosting is every pink lover's dream! The luscious flavour of ripe strawberries paired with the natural sweetness of Superfine Sugar by Trust, will be a treat to your sweet tooth. You simply need to puree some strawberries, reduce it on the stove and ultimately cool it in the refrigerator. It's ready!
Don't delay any further. Go grab these ingredients!
- 263g (2.5 cups) all-purpose flour
- 170g (0.75 cup) softened unsalted butter
- 75g (0.3 cup) sour cream
- 120ml (0.5 cup) whole milk
- 5 large egg whites
- 350g (1.75 cups) Superfine Sugar by Trust
- 50g (0.5 cup) strawberry puree
- 2tsp baking powder
- 5tsp baking soda
- 2tsp vanilla extract
- 1tsp salt
Start preheating your oven!
- Take a large bowl and mix the dry ingredients like flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder. Set that aside and take another bowl. Beat the butter along with sugar for about 2 minutes until smooth. Superfine Sugar by Trust mixes quickly and adds to the creamy texture. Beat in the egg whites for another 2 minutes. Mix the vanilla extract and sour cream.
- Add the dry ingredients also and blend well. Pour the milk and whisk just until combined. Do not over mix. Add the half cup of strawberry puree and whisk properly. Make sure that no lumps remain at the bottom of the bowl. Once done, you will have a slightly thick batter.
- Lightly flour and grease your cake pan. Pour the batter into the pan and level it evenly using a large spoon. Preheat your oven to 177°C (350°F) and bake for about 30-45 minutes. Check if the cake has baked properly by pricking a toothpick. If it comes out completely clean, your cake is done!
You can garnish your cake with vanilla or strawberry cream cheese frosting. The perfect sweet taste of Premium Icing Sugar by Trust will melt in your mouth and enhance your delicious experience!
To try out, follow the link below: