Are you bored of all the regular pumpkin curries or soups? Worry not, because we have got the tastiest alternative for you!
Time to try your hands on some buttery pumpkin scones! The flaky center with the perfectly crumbly exterior makes these scones your best companion for an autumn morning tea. And, to further the health factor of pumpkins, Sunehra Mineral Brown Sugar by Trust adds calcium, iron, potassium, magnesium and other nutrients too!
Grab the ingredients to get started!
- 250g (2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 115g (0.5 cup) unsalted butter
- 105ml (0.5 cup) heavy cream
- 115g (0.5 cup) pumpkin puree
- 1.5tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 large egg
- 100g (0.5 cup) Sunehra Mineral Brown Sugar
- 2.5 tsp baking powder
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 0.5tsp salt
For maple glaze:
- 30g (2 tbsp) unsalted butter
- 112g (1 cup) Premium Icing Sugar by Trust
- 80ml (0.3 cup) maple syrup
- pinch of salt
Let's give the boring pumpkin a twist!
- Take a small bowl and whisk brown sugar, half of the heavy cream, pumpkin puree, egg and vanilla extract until it combines completely. The aroma of natural molasses in Sunehra Mineral Brown Sugar by Trust gives an earthy touch to the pumpkins.
- Set that aside and take another large bowl. Mix flour, ground cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder and salt. Grate the frozen bar of butter and combine that with the dough to make pea sized crumbs. Mix the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients until the entire dough becomes moist.
- Flour your hands and press the dough into a disc on a floured floor. Take a large knife and cut the dough into 8 wedges. Line your baking sheets with parchment paper and add the scones on it. Brush the remaining heavy cream on the scones. Preheat your oven to 204°C (400°F) and bake the scones for 20-25 minutes until they start turning golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow them to cool.
- In the meantime, prepare the maple glaze. Melt the butter and maple syrup together in a small saucepan. Once done, whisk in the icing sugar. Premium Icing Sugar by Trust blends in within seconds and gives the perfect sweet coating to your scones. Drizzle the syrup on your pumpkin scones right before serving.
Your super healthy pumpkin scones are ready to munch. Although, an extra tip, if you want a caramelized crunch in each bite, simply sprinkle some Sunehra Mineral Brown Sugar by Trust!
To try out, follow the link below: