What's better than starting your morning with a healthy bite? Ideally, the first meal of the day should consist of protein, plant based fats and complex carbohydrates. And banana bread serves them all! The super soft texture and buttery banana flavour is bound to bring water to everyone's mouth!
These freshly baked homemade banana breads add health with every bite:
- Banana contains essential ingredients like Vit B6, Vit C, Potassium and Manganese, which helps to lower blood pressure and have a protective impact on health.
- G-Low Sugar by Trust, made from 100% natural cane sugar, doesn’t spike the blood sugar levels and gives long-lasting energy
- Whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour
Note the ingredients below and get ready for a healthy breakfast!
-250g (2 cups) whole wheat flour
-115g (0.5 cup) unsalted butter
-4 large (2 cups) ripe bananas
-150g (0.75 cup) G-Low Sugar by Trust
-2 large eggs
-80g (0.25 cup) sour cream or plain yogurt
-1tsp baking soda
-0.5tsp ground cinnamon
-1tsp vanilla extract
- Take a large bowl and mix flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon together in it. Take another bowl and beat the butter with G-Low Sugar for about 2 minutes until it becomes creamy and smooth. Add the eggs one by one and beat the batter after each addition. Whisk in the yogurt, mashed bananas, and vanilla extract until combined. Mix the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients and whisk until no flour pockets remain.
- Preheat your oven to 177°C (350°F) and grease your loaf pan. Spread the batter on the prepared baking pan and bake for 60-65 minutes. After about half an hour, remove the pan and loosely cover the bread with aluminum foil. This helps to prevent the sides and top from getting too brown. Remove the pan once the bread is done, and allow it to cool down completely.
- Cover up the freshly baked banana bread and store at room temperature for 2 days. Banana bread tastes best after 2 days when the flavours have blended together. You can refrigerate and store your bread for up to a week.
Stop worrying about a healthy breakfast. Bananas are here for your rescue! And if you are worrying about your blood sugar shooting up, be rest assured. G-Low Sugar by Trust will never let that happen!