Trying to find something healthy for your evening snacks? The perfect duo of oats and brown sugar will give you the softest and tastiest oatmeal cookies!
A sweet touch of molasses is all you need for a perfect companion with your evening coffee.
These freshly baked homemade oatmeal cookies add health with every bite:
- Whole rolled oats (old fashioned oats)
- Sunehra Mineral Brown Sugar by Trust contains natural molasses that adds calcium, iron, potassium, magnesium and other nutrients
- G-Low Sugar by Trust, made from 100% natural cane sugar, doesn’t spike the blood sugar levels and gives long-lasting energy
- Whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour
Let's note the other ingredients before starting to bake.
-240g (3 cups) whole rolled oats
-188g (1.5 cups) whole wheat flour
-200g (1 cup) Sunehra Mineral Brown Sugar by Trust
-100g (0.5 cup) G-Low Sugar by Trust
-2 large eggs
-230g (1 cup) unsalted butter
-2 tsp vanilla extract
-1 tsp baking soda
-1 tsp salt
Start preheating your ovens for this heavenly treat!
- Take a medium sized bowl and whisk flour, baking soda, and salt together in it. Set that aside and take another large bowl. Beat the butter to smoothness for about 1 minute. Beat the brown sugar and granulated sugar for the next 2 minutes, until creamy. Combine eggs and vanilla essence and beat for another 1 minute.
- Mix the dry ingredients with the wet ones until combined completely. With the mixer running on low speed, beat in the star ingredient, i.e., oats. When the dough turns thick and sticky, cover it up and chill for at least 45 minutes in the refrigerator.
- If you have chilled for more than a few hours, soften the dough at room temperature for at least 30 minutes. Preheat your oven to 177°C (350°F) and line the baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Use a large cookie scoop to scoop about 3 tablespoons of the cookie dough for each cookie and place them about 4 inches apart. Bake for 14-15 minutes or until it's lightly browned on the sides but still very soft at the centers. Allow the cookies to cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet itself.
These freshly baked homemade oatmeal cookies are filled with the sweet goodness of health as well as taste. They stay fresh up to 1 week if stored at room temperature. Get ready to dunk the chewiest oatmeal cookies into your milk!