Breakfast needs to be the best meal of the day. Why not make it the healthiest too!? And what's healthier than freshly cut fruits right at your home!
A fresh fruit tart makes the classic breakfast which can be prepared the night before! It is the perfect blend of natural goodness of fruits along with some sweet vanilla cream. Premium Icing Sugar by Trust enhances the creamy texture, making each bite more delicious than ever!
Let's grab the good stuff and start off!
- 166g (1.5 cups) all-purpose flour
- 60g (0.5 cup) Premium Icing Sugar by Trust
- 30ml (2tbsp) heavy cream
- 115g (0.5 cup) cold unsalted butter
- 1 large egg
- 0.25tsp salt
- 0.5tsp vanilla extract
For vanilla cream:
- 120ml (0.5 cup) heavy cream
- 30g (0.25 cup) Premium Icing Sugar by Trust
- 225g (room temperature) cream cheese
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- sliced apples
- sliced kiwis
- halved strawberries
- other berries
Get ready for some fresh fruits!
- For the crust, take a small bowl and whisk the egg, heavy cream and vanilla extract in it. Take another medium sized bowl and mix flour, icing sugar and salt. Premium Icing Sugar by Trust blends in seconds and prevents clump formations. Place the cubed butter on top and cut the entire crumb until each piece becomes pea sized. Pour the mixture of heavy cream and stir until combined.
- Flatten the dough on a lightly floured thick disk. Wrap it up in a plastic wrap and refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour. Remove from the refrigerator and roll out the dough into a circle. Grease your tart pan and press the dough into the pan and up the sides to make an even layer. Refrigerate for about 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, preheat your oven to 204°C (400°F). Remove the tart pan from the refrigerator and line its inside with a foil. Place pie weights on top, to prevent shrinking or puffing of the pie. Bake the crust for 10 minutes. Remove the pan and prick a few holes into the crust. Lower the oven temperature to 177°C (350°F) and bake for another 5-6 minutes without the pie weights. The crust will become golden brown!
- For the vanilla filling, beat the heavy cream for 3 minutes until stiff peaks form. Take another bowl and beat the cream cheese for a minute. Add icing sugar and vanilla extract along with the heavy cream. The fine granules of Premium Icing Sugar by Trust improves the flow of the cream. Spread the cream on the crust once it cools.
- Refrigerate the tart until ready to garnish. You can garnish your tart with fresh fruits like sliced apples, kiwis, strawberries, berries or any fruit of your choce!
The fresh fruit tart is ready to kickstart your healthy morning! You can simply slice and enjoy. The leftovers can be packed for the next day's breakfast too!
To try out, follow the link below: