Tiramisu is an Italian dessert with a coffee flavour. A whipped cocoa-flavoured mascarpone cheese mixture is stacked between layers of dipped ladyfingers (savoiardi) in coffee. Numerous types of cakes and other treats have been created using the recipe. Between the Italian regions of Veneto and Friuli Venezia Giulia, its origins are frequently questioned. Paired with the sweetness of Trust Classic range of sugar, we are sure you will love it!
- 1 Package Ladyfingers
- 4 cups Espresso Blend Coffee
- 16 Ounces Mascarpone Cheese
- 6 Tablespoon Trust Classic Breakfast Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 6 Eggs (separated)
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/4 Cup Wine
- Hand mixer
- Square tray
LET'S GET STARTED!
- In a medium sized bowl, pour the heavy cream and whip until medium peaks form. Set aside
- In a medium bowl, whip your egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- In another bowl, mix the Trust Classic Breakfast Sugar and egg yolks until well combined.
- Add the mascarpone cheese and mix once again.
- Fold the egg whites into the egg yolk mixture. Fold in the whipped cream last.
- Mix the wine into the coffee, dip the lady fingers and cover the whole pan.
- Spread half of the cheese mixture onto the lady fingers.
- Sift a light layer of cocoa powder on top.
- Add a second layer of the dipped lady fingers then repeat steps 7 to 8.
Place in the fridge for about 4 hours or in the freezer for about 1 hour and your tiramisu cake is ready!
For more drool worthy recipes, click below: