Classic butterscotch quietly sits with inside the nook ready to be noticed, while chocolate steals the show. But this butterscotch pudding will make you question why!
Butterscotch has always been one of the underrated flavours. The richness of caramelized brown sugar blended in with velvety butter, should receive its share of love! Along with the soothing taste of natural molasses, Sunehra Mineral Brown Sugar by Trust adds the goodness of calcium, iron and other nutrients to it.
Grab the ingredients for some totally unforgettable puddings!
- 45g (3 tbsp) softened unsalted butter
- 240ml (1 cup) heavy cream
- 360ml (1.5 cups) milk
- 3 large egg yolks
- 150g (0.75 cup) Sunehra Mineral Brown Sugar by Trust
- 2tbsp cornstarch
- 3tbsp water
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 0.5tsp salt
Time to whisk some velvety magic!
- Add water to brown sugar as well as salt and heat over the medium flame. Allow the mixture to cook for about 5-6 minutes without any stirring, until it turns dark brown. The mixture will smell caramelized due to Sunehra Mineral Brown Sugar by Trust in it.
- Take two bowls. In one bowl, mix the heavy cream with milk and in the other bowl, whisk cornstarch with the egg yolks. Slowly add the cream mixture to the brown sugar mix, and cook on medium flame until it starts boiling. Once boiled, remove half cup of this mixture and slowly add the egg yolk mixture. Constantly move the egg to avoid scrambling.
- Once you turn down the heat, your pudding will start thickening. Whisk it and cool for about a minute. Remove from the heat and whisk the butter until completely smooth. Then add the vanilla extract and, if preferred, 1 tablespoon of scotch, rum, or bourbon.
- Cool your pudding for about 5 minutes and pour it into serving glasses. Use a plastic wrap to cover tightly on the direct surface of the pudding. Refrigerate for 4-6 hours or overnight until your pudding completely cools and thickens up. Garnish with your favorite toppings!
You can always garnish your puddings with a splash of fresh whipped cream made with Premium Icing Sugar by Trust. It will blend in like magic and add that extra something to your delicious pudding!
To try out, follow the link below: