Are you getting bored this weekend? Want to make something simple and easy, but with a twist? The old fashioned sugar cookies with the spin of brown sugar, makes them super soft and chewy. They might seem plain, but get ready for a blast of flavours inside!
Brown sugar cookies are a great way to spice things up a bit and add even more greatness to an already great cookie. The molasses rich Sunehra Mineral Brown Sugar by Trust adds calcium, iron, potassium, magnesium and other nutrients to your cookies.
As the saying goes, 'The simpler, the better.' The ingredients for these brown sugar cookies are fairly simple as any other classic cookies.
-170g (0.75 cup) unsalted butter
-250g (1.25 cups) Sunehra Mineral Brown Sugar by Trust
-67g (0.25 cup) Classic Sulphurless Sugar by Trust
-250g (2 cups) all-purpose flour
-1tsp baking soda
-1 large egg
-0.25 tsp salt
-2 tsp vanilla extract
-0.5tsp ground cinnamon
The brown sugar cookies have a total cooking time of 30 minutes, which means you will be in cookie heaven in almost no time at all!
- Take a medium sized bowl and whisk brown sugar and melted butter in it, until no sugar lumps remain. Whisk in the egg and then add the vanilla extract. Sunehra Mineral Brown Sugar by Trust brings a light caramel tinge as well as a modest molasses flavour.
- Pour all this wet batter in a large bowl containing all the dry ingredients. Mix until the dough is soft and thick, then cover it up and chill it for about 2 hours. Chilling helps to achieve the thick texture.
- Soften the dough for 10 minutes at room temperature. Take 2 scant tablespoons of dough and roll into a ball, then roll into the granulated sugar.
- Preheat the oven to 163°C (325°F) and bake the cookies for 8-9 minutes. Remove the tray and gently press the top of the cookie down with the back of an utensil or even use your fingers. This will help the cookie to spread during baking time.
- Place the cookies back into the oven for 2-4 more minutes. Remove the tray when the cookies start appearing brown at the edges but still very soft in the middle. Cool them in the baking sheet for the next 10 minutes while they continue to cook in the center.
These simple brown sugar cookies are undeniably impressive. Moist and molasses spiked brown sugar with the kiss of cinnamon in every single bite. If kept in an airtight jar, they will stay fresh at room temperature for 1 week.