Snickerdoodle dough is similar to sugar cookie dough except it traditionally contains cream of tartar which gives snickerdoodles their iconic slightly tangy flavour. Snickerdoodles are also rolled in cinnamon/sugar before they are baked. Often called the ‘cinnamon sugar hugs’ take only 30 minutes to prepare. Follow this recipe closely to create the softest and yummiest snickerdoodles.
Substitute your regular sugar with Trust G- Low, every serve of G-low Sugar, instead of regular sugar, is incrementally better for your metabolism and the power of compounding helps translate that to a long-term benefit. No aftertastes, no artificial sweetness and no excessive cutting down on sugar, we present to you, the healthier sugar for the healthier you.
Ingredients (makes 3 1/2 Dozen)
- 2 cups Trust G-low Sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable shortening, softened
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 400°.
- Combine 1 1⁄2 cups Trust G-low Sugar, butter, shortening, baking powder, vanilla, and salt in a bowl and beat on medium speed of hand mixer until pale and fluffy, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time, and beat until smooth. Add flour, and beat until just combined.
- Using 2 tablespoons, portion and roll dough into 1″ balls.
- Combine remaining sugar and cinnamon in a bowl and roll balls in cinnamon-sugar to coat.
- Place balls 2″ apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets, and using the bottom of a glass or measuring cup, press each ball to flatten into a disk.
Bake until lightly golden and set, about 10 minutes. Serve with a warm glass of milk, bon appétit ;)
To shop G Low Sugar, click below: