Turkish delights similar to what the White Witch gave to Edmund in the Chronicles of Narnia, a dream come true for late millennials and gen z kids. We know you wanted to taste these as a kid, you can now! Follow the recipe closely for perfect results.
THINGS YOU'LL NEED (makes about 24 squares)
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 3 cups Trust Sulphurless sugar
- 3 tbsp light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup corn-starch
- 1/2 cup cran-raspberry juice
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 packs unflavoured gelatine
- Trust Premium Icing Sugar Powdered Sugar
- Red food colouring
- Candy thermometer
- Medium saucepan
- Foil tray
- Plastic wrap
- Pizza cutter
LET'S GET STARTED!
- Line the foil tray with a piece of plastic wrap.
- In a small bowl, mix the cran-raspberry juice and unflavoured gelatine until well combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the corn-starch and 1/2 a cup of water.
- In a medium saucepan fitted with a candy thermometer, whisk together the sugar and remaining water.
- Place it over medium heat and mix continuously until it reaches 240F.
- Add in the corn-starch mixture then turn to medium-low heat and mix until it thickens.
- Remove from the heat.
- Add in the gelatine mixture and vanilla extract. Mix together until well combined.
- Add three drops of red food colouring and mix again.
- Lightly sprinkle the plastic wrap with powdered sugar then pour in the mixture.
- Take a spoon and remove the bubbles on top.
- Let it sit out at room temperature for 5 hours or overnight to set.
TIME TO DECORATE!
- Sprinkle some powdered sugar on a flat surface.
- Flip the tray and place the candy on top of the sugar.
- Gently remove the plastic wrap then sprinkle a generous amount of powdered sugar on top.
- Using the pizza cutter, cut the candy strips then cut it onto squares. Dip the pizza cutter in powdered in between to avoid sticking.
- Roll the squares into more powdered sugar.
Follow the link below for more drool worthy recipes 😉