This batch of Milk Chocolate Stuffed Jack-O-Lantern Cookies is just what HALLOWEEN call for. Between spiced brown sugar cookies and sweet milk chocolate, with a light coating of cinnamon sugar on top. Nothing about these cookies is not to love. Perfect for a classy Thanksgiving dinner or a terrifying Halloween night, or just whenever you want a sweet, delectable chocolate-filled cookie. For this recipe, we have chosen Mineral Brown sugar, 100% vegetarian sugar made from organic sugarcane extracts.
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Total Time: 45 Minutes
Servings: 30 cookies
- 3 sticks (1 1/2 cups) salted butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups Trust Sunehra Mineral Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces milk chocolate, melted
- Cinnamon Sugar Coating
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon sugar
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, and vanilla until light and fluffy, about 3-5 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, and mix until evenly combined. Add the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt, beat until combined and the dough forms a ball.
- Generously flour your work surface. Divide the dough in half and flatten each half into a disk. Roll out the dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Make sure you're using enough flour or your dough will stick. Cut out the cookies using a pumpkin cookie cutter. Carefully transfer the cookies to a parchment lined baking sheet. Cut eyes and a mouth in half the cookies using a paring knife or cookie cutter. Cover the baking sheet and place the sheet in the freezer, freeze until firm, about 15-20 minutes. Roll out the leftover scraps, and repeat with the remaining disk of dough.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake the cookies on the middle rack of the oven for 8-12 minutes (for soft cookies) or until just lightly golden brown. Do not over bake. https://quillbot.com/grammar-check
- Add the butter to medium pot. Allow the butter to slightly brown until it smells toasted, about 2-3 minutes. Stir often. Remove from the heat and let it cool for 5 minutes. Brush the butter over the top half of the cookies and then sprinkle the cookies with cinnamon sugar.
- To assemble, spread the melted milk chocolate over the half of the cookies with no face. Place the top pumpkin faced cookies over the chocolate, gently pressing to adhere. Cookies can be served immediately or let the chocolate firm up and store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
If you don't have a pumpkin cookie cutter, just simply cut out 3-inch circles and use a sharp paring knife to make the eyes and mouth.
To shop Sunehra Brown sugar, click below: