20 layers of scandalously delicious buttery crepes and sweet cream. This Scandal Crepe Cake recipe will be the talk of the town! In France, these cakes are known as mille-crepe cakes, a spinoff of the phrase "mille-feuilles," meaning "a thousand leaves," which refers to a French dessert made by layering pieces of puff pastry with a cream filling. The "thousand" is a bit of hyperbole, though, as a crepe cake typically has twenty layers.
Ingredients Crepes (Makes one 20-layer cake)
- 3 cups milk
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons Trust Classic Sulphur less Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 tablespoons Trust Classic Sulphur less Sugar
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons corn-starch
- 2 yolks
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons Trust Classic Sulphur less Sugar
- 2 large mixing bowls
- 3 medium mixing bowls
- Small mixing bowl
- Immersion blender
- Rubber spatula
- 10-inch non-stick pan
- Baking sheet lined with parchment
- Small saucepan
- Knife and cutting mat
- Powdered sugar and sifter
- Fresh raspberries
- In a large bowl, whisk together sifted flour, sugar, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, butter, eggs and extracts. Use an immersion blender to combine wet and dry ingredients until mixture is smooth.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 to 24 hours. Stir batter before cooking.
- Heat a pan over medium-low heat and coat with butter. Scoop 1/4 cup of batter into the pan and swirl it around to completely cover the bottom. Cook until the edges are slightly browned, about a minute.
- Gently flip with a spatula and cook until golden brown, about another 30 seconds.
- Transfer crepe to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Repeat with the remaining batter and continue to stack the crepes on top of each other.
- In a small bowl, whisk together sugar, salt, and cornstarch. Add 1/4 cup of milk and then yolks. Whisk until well combined.
- In a small saucepan, pour the remaining 3/4 cup of milk and vanilla bean seeds and pod. Cook until scalding.
- Slowly pour heated milk into the egg mixture while whisking. Transfer the mixture to a saucepan and cook over medium heat. Whisk constantly to thicken, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and strain into a bowl. Add butter and whisk until shiny and smooth
- Cover with plastic wrap, pressing it to touch the pastry cream. Cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
- In a medium mixing bowl, use a hand mixer to whip heavy cream and sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Uncover and whisk pastry cream and then then fold in whipped cream.
LET’S PUT IT ALL TOGETHER!
- Spread some filling on top of a crepe and smooth with an offset spatula. Continue to layer crepe and filling until the cake is 20 layers high, ending with a crepe on top.
Your crepes will need time to cool before assembly. Cool your crepes separately rather than stacking them, which will make them soggy.
TaDa! This crepe cake Delicious and mouth-watering, don’t trust us? Try it yourself!
To try this recipe, click below:https://trust-foods.com/