Are you planning to disguise health in the form of something mouth-watering? Well, then we have the perfect morning muffins for you, which will surely make your toddlers dance! The moist cinnamon-spiced muffins make the perfect companion for your morning tea.
Are they healthy? Where should we start! These muffins are made of whole wheat flour and are filled with natural ingredients like orange, apples, carrots, and more. And the best part, refined sugar has been replaced with Sunehra Mineral Brown Sugar by Trust which contains natural molasses and adds the goodness of calcium, iron, potassium, magnesium and other nutrients too!
Grab the healthy ingredients below and get baking!
- 260g (2 cups) whole wheat flour
- 3 large eggs
- 80ml (0.3 cup) vegetable oil
- 100g (0.5 cup) Sunehra Mineral Brown Sugar by Trust
- 75g (0.5 cup) raisins
- 1tsp orange zest
- 80ml (0.3 cup) orange/pineapple juice
- 260g (2 cups) shredded carrots
- 140g (1 cup) shredded apple
- 60g (0.3 cup) unsweetened applesauce
- 64g (0.5 cup) unsalted chopped pecans
- 35g (0.3 cup) ground flax
- 85g (0.25 cup) honey
- 2tsp baking soda
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 5tsp ground ginger
- 2tsp ground cinnamon
- 5tsp salt
Bake a healthy start for your mornings!
- Take a large bowl and mix flour, ground ginger, ground cinnamon, baking soda, flax and salt. Set that aside and take another medium bowl. Whisk brown sugar, eggs, oil, orange juice, orange zest, applesauce, vanilla extract, and honey until completely combined. Fold the shredded apples and carrots.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir properly. Add the chopped pecans and raisins. Fold everything properly until combined and leave behind no flour pockets. You will be able to smell the molasses rich essence of Sunehra Mineral Brown Sugar by Trust. It adds a mushy touch to your muffins and makes them softer than ever!
- Preheat your oven to 218°C (425°F) and line your muffin pan with cupcake liners. Pour the batter into these liners and for about 5 minutes. While the muffins are still in the oven, lower the oven temperature to 177°C (350°F). Bake for another 18-20 minutes or until a pricked toothpick comes out completely clean. Cool the muffins for 10 minutes and then they are ready to eat!
These 10 minutes of cooling time may seem like an hour to pass by! Especially when your morning tummy is gnawing with hunger pangs and you can smell the rich caramelized flavour of Sunehra Mineral Brown Sugar by Trust. These healthy and super delicious muffins make the perfect go-to breakfast to kickstart your day!
To try out, follow the link below: