Imagine a dessert that will simply melt in your mouth? Something soft and juicy with just the right amount of sweetness.
Milk cake or otherwise popularly known as kalakand, is exactly what we are talking about! Didn't your mouth already water and your sweet tooth is already craving?
The traditional kalakand recipe takes several hours of stirring. And in our busy schedules, that sounds quite impossible. So here's a quick hack. You can simply bake your kalakands! It will also add on to it's nutritional value by cutting down some calories.
And if you are concerned about your blood sugar levels, then we have something to assist that too! G-Low Sugar by Trust is a completely natural low GI sugar that's extracted from pure sugarcanes. It doesn’t spike your blood sugar levels and gives you long-lasting energy.
Happiness has always been about sharing sweetness. So grab these ingredients to spread some joy!
- 907g ricotta cheese (chhena)
- 1tbsp unsalted butter (ghee)
- 396g sweetened condensed milk
- 200g G-Low Sugar by Trust
- 2 pods green cardamom (elaichi)
- 1tbsp sliced almonds
- Few strands of saffron (kesar)
Let's gear up for this 30 minutes recipe!
- Grease a large baking pan with ghee. Add chhena to it and stir with a wooden spoon. Preheat your oven to 177°C (350°F) and bake the chhena for about 15 minutes. It will lose most of its moisture and become a little lumpy.
- Grind green cardamoms and saffron so as to form a fine powder. Take the baking pan out of your oven and mix this powder with the chhena. Add condensed milk along with sugar and mix well. To add a pinch of health to your kalakands, you can simply replace your regular sugar with the same quantity of G-Low Sugar by Trust. Put the baking pan back into your oven and bake for another 10-15 minutes.
- Your kalakand is ready when you see that the edges have turned slightly brown and bubbles are visible. Grease a serving plate with ghee. Remove the baking pan from the oven and level your kalakand on the plate using a wooden spoon.
- Once your kalakand has cooled, refrigerate it for 4-5 hours or more. Cut it into pieces and garnish with chopped almonds or any other dry fruit of your choice. Cooling makes cutting easy. You can serve your kalakands in cupcake liners.
Once these kalakands touch your taste buds, you are bound to ask for more! And don't let your blood sugar resist your desire. You have G-Low Sugar by Trust to take care of that!
To try out, follow the link below: